です (desu), which is a polite speech marker, works like the present affirmative version of the copula in Japanese. It has the closest meaning of the verb ‘to be’ or the dummy subject ‘it...
- Football in 50 Languages
- Connection between language and how we think and behave
- Challenge Yourself: I Can Read it, Can You?
- How to Say HELLO in 50 Languages? – Only One Word to Learn Before Traveling Abroad
- Simple Word in Other Languages Can Mean Different
- The Importance of Vocabulary in Learning Language
Adjectives Adverbs App Articles Beginner Characters Comparative Comparison Confusing Words Conjunction Counters Culture Demonstratives Direction Existence Food Fun Facts Idioms Loanword Modals Nouns Numbers Particles Plural Polite Possession Pronouns Quantifiers Question Words Superlative Tenses Time To Be Travel Untranslatable Verbs