です (desu), which is a polite speech marker, works like the present affirmative version of the copula in Japanese. It has the closest meaning of the verb ‘to be’ or the dummy subject ‘it...
- The Sun is Drawn in Red in Japan – Apples are Drawn in Green in France
- Why We Must Save Dying Tongues
- The Importance of Vocabulary in Learning Language
- Memorize Vocabulary: 7 Secret Techniques Revealed!
- Connection between language and how we think and behave
- Check it Out: What to Do during Traveling?
- Lesson 2. What You Need to Know about Noun in Japanese
- Lesson 13. Dummy Subject: Existence in English
- Lesson 9. The Complete Guide to Time in English
- The Difference between Complete vs Finish
- Lesson 1. 5 Simple Sentences using Japanese Nouns You Must Know!
- Lesson 6. The Complete Guide to Chinese Pronouns
Adjectives Adverbs App Articles Beginner Characters Comparative Comparison Confusing Words Conjunction Counters Culture Demonstratives Direction Existence Food Fun Facts Idioms Loanword Modals Nouns Numbers Particles Plural Polite Possession Pronouns Quantifiers Question Words Superlative Tenses Time To Be Travel Untranslatable Verbs