です (desu), which is a polite speech marker, works like the present affirmative version of the copula in Japanese. It has the closest meaning of the verb ‘to be’ or the dummy subject ‘it...
- 4 Reasons Why Kanji is Easier than English Words
- Lesson 13. Turn Your Adverbs in Japanese from Blah into Fantastic!
- Lesson 1. Simple Present Tense: The Most Common Tense in English
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Learn Indonesian
- Lesson 12. 着 (zhe) for Expressing Existence in Chinese
- How to Say Basic Animals Words in Japanese? Dog, Cat, Bear…
Adjectives Adverbs Alphabet App Articles basic Beginner Characters Comparative Comparison Confusing Words Conjunction Counters Culture Demonstratives Direction Existence Food fruits Fun Facts Hiragana Idioms Japanese Katakana Loanword Modals Nouns Numbers Particles Plural Polite Possession Pronouns Quantifiers Question Words Superlative Tenses Time To Be Travel Untranslatable Verbs Vocabulary Word Words