です (desu), which is a polite speech marker, works like the present affirmative version of the copula in Japanese. It has the closest meaning of the verb ‘to be’ or the dummy subject ‘it...
- Japan Facts: 6 Interesting Things to Know about Japan
- 30 Japan-Made Chinese Words
- Different Vocabulary List of Chinese Mandarin vs Cantonese
- Lesson 13. Conjunction: Various Ways to Say AND in Chinese
- Lesson 22. Two Common Ways to Express OR in Japanese
- Lesson 19. A Quick Guide to Verb TO BE in Chinese
Adjectives Adverbs App Articles Beginner Characters Comparative Comparison Confusing Words Conjunction Counters Culture Demonstratives Direction Existence Food Fun Facts Idioms Loanword Modals Nouns Numbers Particles Plural Polite Possession Pronouns Quantifiers Question Words Superlative Tenses Time To Be Travel Untranslatable Verbs