です (desu), which is a polite speech marker, works like the present affirmative version of the copula in Japanese. It has the closest meaning of the verb ‘to be’ or the dummy subject ‘it...
- Lesson 9. The Complete Guide to Time in English
- Lesson 11. 有 (yǒu) for Expressing Existence in Chinese
- The Complete Guide to Count French Numbers (From 0, 1, up to 10^100)
- The Importance of Vocabulary in Learning Language
- Lesson 4. The Complete Guide of Pronouns in Japanese
- 5 Reasons Why Learning French is Easier than You Think
Adjectives Adverbs App Articles Beginner Characters Comparative Comparison Confusing Words Conjunction Counters Culture Demonstratives Direction Existence Food Fun Facts Idioms Loanword Modals Nouns Numbers Particles Plural Polite Possession Pronouns Quantifiers Question Words Superlative Tenses Time To Be Travel Untranslatable Verbs