です (desu), which is a polite speech marker, works like the present affirmative version of the copula in Japanese. It has the closest meaning of the verb ‘to be’ or the dummy subject ‘it...
- Lesson 19. A Quick Guide to Verb TO BE in Chinese
- Lesson 8. The Complete Guide to Count Chinese Numbers (From 0, 1, up to 10^12)
- Simple Word in Other Languages Can Mean Different
- Lesson 4. The Complete Guide about Pronouns in English
- Korean App
- Lesson 24. Three Ways to Express Plural Nouns in Chinese
Adjectives Adverbs App Articles Beginner Characters Comparative Comparison Confusing Words Conjunction Counters Culture Demonstratives Direction Existence Food Fun Facts Idioms Loanword Modals Nouns Numbers Particles Plural Polite Possession Pronouns Quantifiers Question Words Superlative Tenses Time To Be Travel Untranslatable Verbs